Yes, this is roughly a day late.
Happy 2010 everyone, and I hope that the year is looking as bright for you as it is for me!
You know those things, new years resolutions? I never really liked them. They are annoying, hard to remember, and forgotten completely in a week. Instead, I’m thinking of a list of goals. Goal is a much more solid word, and it’s clearly defined, making it easy to write it down on paper and remember.
So, instead of paper, I’ve got this blog, so here are my goals for the new year.
1. Practice Euphonium for 2 hours a day, at least 6 days a week. Maybe then I won’t suck!
2. Spend a maximum of 2 hours a day in the student lounge. This is likely going to be the hardest one, since the lounge sucks you into it and never ever lets you go.
3. Spend at least 1 hour a day in the gym, 3 times a week. I need this, since I’m now getting… rotund, and I’m losing man muscle.
4. Read 1-2 books a month. I haven’t read a lot in the past… decade, and would like to learn to love reading again. Any suggestions?
5. Learn to play the main theme of the Carnival of Venice. Since that shit is da BOMB.
6. I really need to stay in contact with the ‘rents more, so I’m calling them once a week. That should keep them occupied, right?
7. My reading week will be a week of epicness. What I mean is, anything I do will be done epicly: holding spooons, playing piano, playing cards, and even hugging Lorelai will all be epiced. I even promise to do one epic video to post on YouTube. It will be EPIC.
8. My idea to use chopsticks instead of all cutlery? A little standoff-ish; however, I will use chopsticks instead of a fork, every time. That should be doable, right?
9. Make a CD of music I’ve played, and give copies to my family; but if you guys want some too, I’ll post MP3s somewhere.
So those are my New Year GOALS. ^%$# resolutions… weak ass word anyway…
What about you?